The Create Change Residency program supports the development of participatory and community-attuned creative projects by artists of color. Projects may take place anywhere in NYC, across various community sites, from laundromats and urban gardens to playgrounds and community centers. The Residency is a year-long program that runs from January to December.
Up to three Artists-in-Residence will be selected to participate in the 2024 program. The program schedule includes the following:
- Five workshops based on our learning blocks of making art, building community, and making change
- Individual and group coaching sessions on cultural organizing
- Public open studios to feature each artists work
- Monthly meetings with LP program staff
- Studio sessions with leading curators, artists, activists, and scholars
- A mentor to support the development of your project and creative practice at large
- The option to develop and implement participatory community design processes or public activations and engagements around The LP’s new storefront.