The Create Change Bed-Stuy Residency program supports the development of participatory and community-attuned creative projects by artists of color who live, work, or are otherwise invested in Bedford Stuyvesant, Brooklyn. Projects may take place anywhere in Bed-Stuy, either in person or virtually, across various community sites, from laundromats and urban gardens to playgrounds and community centers. The residency is a year-long program that runs from January to December.
The Create Change Residency application is now open!
Which opportunity is right for you? Find out and apply today!
1 Bed-Stuy Artist-in-Residence will be selected to participate in the 2023 program. The program schedule includes the following:
- Six workshops
- Individual and group coaching sessions on cultural organizing
- Public open studios to feature each artists work
- Monthly meetings with LP program staff
- Studio sessions with leading curators, artists, activists, and scholars
- A mentor to support the development of your project and creative practice at large
- Bed-Stuy Artist-in-Residence: Has the option to develop participatory community design
- processes or public activations within The LP’s new storefront