On April 23, we convened for the first time for an orientation with our 2016 Create Change artists—Commissioned Artists, Fellows, and Artist-in-Residence. A centerpiece of our full-day orientation was a workshop facilitated by Urban Bush Women on Entering, Building, and Exiting Community, as pictured above.
It was a great opportunity to get to know the artists in our 2016 cohort, hear them talk about their work, and engage in critical dialogue and deep listening about community engagement and more.
Artists’ Projects (Commissions & Residency)
- The Iyapo Repository; Interactive Technology by Salome Asega & Ayodamola Okunseinde
- Harlem Motion; Visual Arts & Film by Havanna Fisher Newby
- A Living Room on Roosevelt; Mixed-Media installation & Public Engagement by Ro Garrido
- Khayamiya Monument; Public Installation by Katherine Toukhy
- Coquito & Climate Cart; Mixed-Media Installation by Misra Walker